S. Korea to send US$1 mln in aid to quake
时间:2023-12-04 16:40:36 出处:자동차阅读（143）
South Korea will send US$1 million in humanitarian aid to Afghanistan after a devastating earthquake in a northwestern province last week killed more than 2,000 people, Seoul's foreign ministry said Thursday.
The emergency aid will be delivered via the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, the ministry said.
As of Monday, 2,445 people had died and 9,240 had been injured, as the 6.3-magnitude earthquake struck Herat on Saturday, according to data from the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
"Our government hopes this aid will help swiftly stabilize the lives of Afghan people suffering from the earthquake and the restoration of affected areas," the ministry said in a release. (Yonhap)
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- S. Korea to extend $5 mil worth of fertilizer aid to Ukraine via U.S. agency
- NK leader sends congratulatory message to Xi on Chinese founding anniversary
- S. Korea wins gold in League of Legends competition; Faker tops podium
- S.Korea's largest
- 민주당 "영장 기각은 사필귀정…尹 머리 숙여 사죄하라"
- S. Korea picks up 1st gold in roller skating
- Chuseok food cost hits all
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft