[Herald Interview] Alex Olle’s realistic reimagination of opera ‘Norma’ keeps art form alive
时间:2023-12-04 17:39:38 出处:스포츠阅读（143）
In opera, tradition often takes center stage. But director Alex Olle of La Fura dels Baus boldly reshapes timeless classics with realism, breathing fresh life into operatic experience while challenging the boundaries of tradition.
The opera “Norma,” which premiered as the opening production of the 2016 season at the Royal Opera House in the UK, is set to be staged at the Seoul Arts Center on Oct. 26-29.
"I wanted to come to Korea for at least a week to meet the actors and help them build the characters," said Olle, speaking to a group of reporters at the Seoul Arts Center. The 63-year-old Spanish director was in Korea ahead of the Seoul performance.
"The stage is alive. That's why it always has room to improve when you have a different location."
After the Korean production of “Norma,” Olle will direct the new opera “The Love of the Three Kings (L'amore dei tre re)” at La Scala Theater in Milan.
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- Yoon's approval rating at 34.2% with parliamentary elections 6 months away
- N. Korea may conduct nuclear test to divert internal attention from food crisis: Seoul ministry
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft